Wednesday 7 September 2011

Clinque Pore Refining Solutions - Review Part 1



Hey Girls,


This is going to be a long post! So if you want to just hear what I think scroll to the bottom ;)


Some of you may know that my pores have always been something that I have struggled with skincare-wise, they are so huge, that not only did it make my skin look un-even and my make up not last very long, but it also meant that no matter how good my skincare routine was, my skin would never be clean and very prone to deep blackheads (were all friends here haha!) I have tried every product on the market including Benefits latest offering 'Porefessional', which was like a silicone-heaven/oil slick for my face, which did take me by surprise.


Then when flicking through a magazine, I saw an advert for a new product by Clinque claiming to help battle large pores, which I don't know why I didn't see it sooner, there are ads for this product everywhere! I thought about it for a while, and with a £35 or so price tag it didn't come cheap. When I was milling around Boots in Bluewater on payday I went to the Clinque counter and enquired about it. 
NEW Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum




I was greeted by a lovely assistant called Cheryl, I explained I had seen the product advertised and tried everything else, how could this product help me. This is where I thought it was a bit dubious as she sounded like she had read a script, which I hate with a passion. It was something along the lines of what they claim on their website: 


"Lightweight, oil-free serum with Pore Resurfacing Complex quickly, gently clears out debris and rough flakes. Pores 'snap back' into shape. Over time, helps skin create a stronger support structure and healthier cells. In 2 weeks, clinical tests confirm a 58% smaller appearance. A tighter, smoother look, guaranteed. "


So after the sales pitch was done she explained there was two products both the treatment - (this product) and a concealer type product, as then she proceeded to ask to try both on me. This is where the sales barrier broken down and I was actually able to hear what she actually thought of the product. To be fair the concealer was just a tinted version of the Benefit product so I wasn't interested, but I asked has she seen anyone that has used the treatment etc. Which is when she said that it's such a new product they hadn't seen any of the results first hand, yet I looked in the mirror and i did see a slight change in my worst area. I said to her, even if it improves it a tad I will be happy and she offered me a free consultation 2 weeks later, which is apparently the time it takes to see the full results, and we will discuss my thoughts and recommendations for the product as well as testing out other products in their pore range ( Foundations and skincare I think?) but also so she can see what results the product actually gives.


So with that I was sold! I took it home thinking that this would help me a bit but I wouldn't see much improvement, and I am one who likes to really use a product before making my mind up and really saying what I think. However 1 week into the 2 weeks and MY OH MY , I love this product! MY pores have shrinked so much, which in turn has helped clear my skin!  My make-up is lasting so much longer and my skin feels so soft I cannot wait to see what it will look like when I go back to see Cheryl next week. Friends have even noticed and commenting (un-prompted of course!) about how much better my skin is looking!


This is a pricey product, however I am a strong believer of that money is irrelevant if it works. I will update you soon on my final thoughts, but this may be a holy grail product for me!




What new products have you tried and fell in love with instantly?


Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment