Sunday 12 June 2011

Here comes the summer sun...

A little bit of 'Texas' there for you, if your old enough to remember...

Although today is a bit grotty outside, the last week or so has given us some really lovely days, meaning that my usual make-up base has been far too heavy.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation - Oily and C/B skin( 330 - Natural Tan) £12.99 Boots

Revlon Colorstay has been my HG foundation all winter, with my skin being the definition of combination skin, it really needs a lot of coverage without having the product dry it out- and this product is PERFECT for that. However, summer is coming and the Colorstay is getting a little bit too heavy for everyday wear, but is still my go-to night-time going-out foundation.

Jemma Kidd Make up School, Light as Air foundation( 04 Light Medium) £25.00 Space NK

Enter, Jemma Kidd, Make up School, Light as Air, Liquid Foundation. I love this product. After seeing Tanya (Pixi2woo) raving about this foundation, I knew I had to try. I headed down to Space NK and went straight for the Jemma Kidd stand. The swatch on my hand to start  looked like it wasn't going to offer what I wanted; a light dewy base, with enough coverage for my sometimes problem skin. 
I bought a shade darker to allow for my summer tan

 As soon as I got home I removed my make up and applied this and my-oh-my I was amazed that a product, which is what is says on the package, 'Light as Air', really was, yet gave me really great coverage and helped balance out my skin tone. This is going to be my favourite summer product I think. At £25.00 it  is on the expensive side, however, it does do a really good job and also when its running out, you can alway cut the tube open to make sure you use all of the product, which is not possible with the Colorstay.

Revlon, Colorstay Foundaton
Jemma Kidd , Light as Air Foundation
Origins, Quick Hide Concealer (03 Medium) £12.00 Boots

Of course, there will those days that neither by themselves will do, like this morning, I simply mixed the two together on my hand to create the perfect base for my day and applied like every morning with the elf powder brush. Add a touch of my Origins, Quick Hide concealer and it was exactly what I needed, with the right colour and coverage.
ELF Studio Line, Powder Brush £3.50 elf.co.uk


How does your base change through out the seasons?
Have you bought your summer foundation yet?

LCCxox
xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment