Monday 18 July 2011

Naked Palette Dupe?!?

Hey Guys,

I was searching through my collection when I came across an old palette. I worked for Claire's Accessories for 3 years and always raved about their make-up, however, I found a palette smaller in size, but would give the more popular shades in the Naked Palette a run for their money.

Claire's Accessories Palette (Top)
Urban Decay Palette (Bottom)


Sorry about the awful photo - didn't realise until I had uploaded!

 I am going to number these for purposes of comparing the two
1234
5678
a b

So there are both palettes with the colours in the pan, and you can start to see some of the similar colours, now I know some will not match exactly but I have tried to match them up as well as possible. The Naked colour will be swatched on the left with the Claire's colour on the right.

Toasted// Colour 1
Creep // Colour 7


Gunmetal// Colour 3

Hustle // Colour 4


Smog //Colour 6



Virgin // Colour 4


Half Baked // Colour B

As you can see the pigmentation of the Claire's Colours are matching up to the Urban Decay colours, and they have a good reputation of having good pigmentation. The colours may be slightly different but you can certainly see where I am coming from with the comparisons. The Claire's Palette costs £3.50, a fraction of the Naked, and more readily available. The Claire's ones are also available now in different packaging which some of you may prefer. I personally would get your hands on this or the similar palettes asap as the price vs quality wins hands down!

What do you think? Will you purchase the Claire's Palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment